Born from a passion for food, a love of Greek and Middle Eastern flavours, and the inability to ever choose just one dish on a menu!
200g digestive biscuits
100g unsalted butter
450g cream cheese
150ml sour cream
175g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160°C / 140°C fan. Grease a 23cm springform cake tin.
2. Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor. Melt the butter gently
in a large pan, then add the biscuits and stir to combine.
3. Pour into the prepared tin and push down firmly. Bake in the oven for
10 minutes to set the base, then remove and leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling by beating together the cream cheese,
sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
5. Chop most of the strawberries into small chunks and gently fold through
6. Pour on top of the biscuit base and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
It will wobble slightly when ready but make sure it is firm and fully set.
7. Top with sliced fresh strawberries to serve.